Paris

Paris

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh no ... here I go ...

I don't really know why I'm entering the blogging world ... do I really have much to talk about? I guess only time will tell.

I did want to put a blog from my myspace account (that I just went on for the first time in a year, purely to pull info off and shut it down) up here to preserve it. I find it a bit funny to read, though certainly interesting to see where I am 4 years later. So, here it is, along with comments from me after reading it today:


"Things To Do Before I Die (a work in progress)
1. Live happy, healthy, and in love. (daily occurrence)
2. Swim with dolphins.
3. Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef.
4. Visit Italy and France with Evan (halfway there ... France in 2007)
5. Go to a Liverpool match.
6. Learn to speak French fluently, and use it.
7. Watch the launch of a space shuttle in person.
8. Send a message in a bottle.
9. Find a job I LOVE.
10. Become a mom, and be good at it, and love it. (done and done)
11. Drink mojitos on the beach in a bikini on Christmas. (does a lemon-drop by a pool in a bikini on Thanksgiving count?)
12. See the Grand Canyon from above and below.
13. Get a tattoo. (two at once, done)
14. Buy my own house and make it my own.
15. Have a crazy weekend in Vegas.
16. Run a marathon.
17. Do a triathalon relay with my mom.
18. Visit a nude beach and participate.
19. Visit an active volcano.
20. Go on an African Safari.
21. Help bring running water to a village that needs it.
22. Swim with sharks
23. Learn to paint.
24. Spend a week at Burning Man.
25. Visit a prison.
26. Go to Graceland.
27. Attend a fashion show in New York.
28. Learn to ballroom dance. (done)
29. Visit a former concentration camp.
30. Celebrate the Day of the Dead in Mexico.
31. Spend a weekend at a world class spa, pampering myself.
32. Rent my own private island and share it with my family and friends.
33. Sleep in a haunted castle.
34. Attend the Kentucky Derby.
35. Throw the first pitch at a baseball game (major or minor league)
36. Attend space camp.
37. Get my Master's Degree.
38. Take a Hot Yoga class. (done)
39. Own a purple Toyota pick-up truck.
40. Attend a taping of Ellen. (done, and it was amazing)
41. Attend a taping of Oprah. (unless I manage to make it to Chicago this year, I think this one is shot)
42. Eat a Chicago style pizza in Chicago. (done)
43. Learn to fly a plane.
44. Own a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes.
45. See a game at Yankee Stadium.
46. Attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
47. Attend the Oscars.
48. Be an extra in a movie or tv show.
49. Be debt free by 30 (since we're just 18 months away from this one, I think I'm going to have to up it to 35)
50. Learn to play the piano
51. Own a grand piano and be able to play it (see above)
52. Build a tree house
53. Learn to bartend.
54. Perform a solo dance on stage for a crowd.
55. Work at Disneyland as a character for a day.
56. Drive an 18-wheeler around a block.
57. Drive the Autobahn.
58. Eat escargot. (done - and actually quite good)
59. Meet a President.
60. Meet Rosie O'Donnell.
61. Own an African Gray Parrot
62. Meet Sarah McLauchlan
63. Sit front row at a Sarah concert
64. Sit front row at a Ladysmith Black Mambazo concert
65. Bathe in a waterfall.
66. Visit every state in the U.S. (12 down, 38 to go)
67. Buy an LCD tv for Evan (done - that one is kind of boring)
68. Go shopping with no worries about the money I'm spending.
69. Go for a ride in a hot air balloon.
70. Go on a cruise with Evan and both sets of parents.
71. Go parasailing.
72. Touch the Sphinx.
73. Go to Martha's Vineyard.
74. Own a Husky.
75. Own a Leonberger and name him Leon Berger.
76. Go to cooking school.
77. Own an Apple laptop with all the "bells and whistles" (done - sort of)
78. Own my own coffee shop.
79. Be a forensic sociologist.
80. Attend a taping of Saturday Night Live.
81. Have an arts and crafts room in my house.
82. Learn to golf.
83. Play Pebble Beach with Evan.
84. Ride a motorcycle.
85. Learn to surf
86. Visit Thailand.
87. Learn the last dance in "Dirty Dancing" and perform it.
88. Learn to strip
89. Have my own herb and vegetable garden. (done)
90. Meet Tiger Woods. (not sure how much I care about this one anymore - except maybe to tell him what I think of him ...)
91. Read all of my books on my bookshelves.
92. Walk on the Great Wall of China
93. Ride on a gondola in Venice.
94. See a sunrise over New York City and a sunset over Malibu in the same day.
95. Live to see my great-grandchildren.
96. Ride on an elephant.
97. Hold and play with a chimpanzee.
98. Be on the cover of a magazine.
99. Travel Ireland.
100. Whitewater raft on the Colorado River.
101. Own 'Berger's Burgers'."


This really is a rather extensive list ... what on earth was I thinking when I wrote it. But I guess it's good to have goals, right? Even if I only get to another 10 of these, I will feel beyond accomplished!
Well, alright. Here's to a new world. A world where, in my mind, people care about what I have to write about, even in my most boring moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment